Tuesday 5 July 2011

Special Days

Good evening everyone, sorry I've been AWOL for a while but it was my youngest son's birthday at the weekend, he was thirteen.

This is a Tent Card I've made for the Willow Sketchie Challenge.  This week there is an added recipe included with the sketch - Something Red, Something Shiny/Sparkly.   I've used another of the Winnie Owl images from my Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD by Polka Doodles and Willow Designs.


I apologise for the shadows, it's rather dreary here this evening.  This is the first Tent Card that I have made and I have learnt quite a lot from the experience.  I used some more of my Core'dinations WhiteWash Card stock, I just love the effect you get when you sand this card.



Sorry for the overload of photographs but I couldn't figure out how best to show this type of card especially with the lack of light.

I have added red gem stones to the die cut butterfly embellishments and glitter to the butterfly in Winnies hair to meet the something shiny/sparkly recipe criteria.



I have also decorated the back of the card and added a die cut circle to give somewhere to write a sentiment.



Image:  Double Sprinkles of Kraft
Papers:  docrafts - the little cake shoppe
Card stock:  Core'dinations - WhiteWash 
Tools:  Spellbinders - Standard Circles and Scalloped Circles, Die-namics Butterflies
Embellishments:  ribbon, gems and glitter from stash
Sentiment:  Polka Doodles

Thank you for looking, I hope you have a good week.

Pauline
x



4 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Pauline, WOW this is super I love the card and how sweet is Winnie in it. Thanks for joining in on Willow Sketchie Challenge this week Hazelxox

kelly ledder said...

Oh wow this card is fab!! I love it and how cute is Winnie?? Thanks for joining WSC XX

sharon said...

Adorable Pauline!
Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge this week! xx

Rosietoes said...

Super card Pauline - love the sanded whitewash cs and the decorated back of the card. Very clever idea. :)

Edna x